The mining industry is facing an unprecedented challenge in the form of ESG, particularly in accessing the global capital markets where assets invested with an ESG mandate are expected to reach $40 trillion in 2020.
Join Buchanan and Emperor at Mining Indaba 2020 for an insightful event with an in-depth panel discussion moderated by Financial Times Natural Resources Editor, Neil Hume, featuring experts from Kaz Minerals, London Stock Exchange Group, Société Générale, Africa Finance Corporation, African Rainbow Minerals and Investec Asset Management. Our panel will give candid and comprehensive views on the poorly understood topic of ESG investment from a variety of perspectives across the mining sector and global capital markets.
Delegates will benefit from insight on how to improve ESG reporting in order to unlock global funds from international investors who are increasingly struggling to justify investing in mining due to ESG constraints.
This event will investigate the following core issues:
- The different forms of ESG investment funds and indices and how mining companies can be included
- Where ESG indices and funds get the data they base their investment decisions on
- The cost of not having an ESG strategy and the impact of reputation on performance
- How communicating ESG effectively can make a significant difference to a company’s ability to attract capital
- What the future looks like for mining in a lower carbon and increasingly sustainability-conscious world
Monday 3 February 2020
Registration – 10:30am
Panel and Q&A – 11:00am – 12:15pm
Networking – 12:15pm – 12:45pm
Natural Resources Editor
President & CEO
Africa Finance Corporation
Stéphanie Clement de Givry
Global Head of Metals & Mining Finance
Head of International Primary Markets
London Stock Exchange
Kaz Minerals & Helios Towers
Executive Sustainable Development
African Rainbow Minerals
Investec Asset Management